Peter Pan’s Nana the dog enjoys a Norfolk day out
PUBLISHED: 14:14 23 October 2014 | UPDATED: 14:14 23 October 2014
Archant Â© 2014
Nana the dog is enjoying a Norfolk day out today ahead of appearing in this year’s Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime.
Nana’s tweets via @Nana_Norwich
• I have got quite a busy week. Heading out to meet lots of my Norfolk canine friends this week. Can’t wait
• Having a pamper before I go on tour to promote @TheatreRNorwich panto Peter Pan
• I have found the perfect panto shampoo (Furry Godmother). @TheatreRNorwich can you order some ready for Dec 18?
• Met the lovely people at Canine Cuts and @EDP24.now off to Yarmouth Stadium for some exercise. Must get fit for Peter Pan @TheatreRNorwich
• Just running on Yarmouth Beach before I head to the stadium. The things I do for my cruft...sorry, craft. Soon be panto @TheatreRNorwich
• Must come back to the fantastic Yarmouth Beach when I get a break from Peter Pan @TheatreRNorwich
• Thinking about a new career after panto @TheatreRNorwich but don’t think I can keep up with the greyhounds.
Nana will continue to tweet throughout this year’s pantomime season - follow her on @Nana_Norwich
The canine character will be looking after the Darling children in Peter Pan throughout the festive season, but today she is taking some time out to take a tour of the county.
To make she was looking her best, Nana started the day with some VIP pooch pampering at Canine Cuts in Norwich’s Vauxhall Street.
David Rogers, owner of Canine Cuts, treated Nana to a shampoo - with Furry Godmother shampoo - and blow dry followed by a spritz of Santa Paws fragrance spray.
Next she took a trip to the coast to visit Norfolk’s canine centre of athletic excellence, Great Yarmouth Stadium, and she is now heading to the Dogs Trust Re-Homing Centre at Snetterton to meet some of the centre’s resident dogs.
John Bultitude, from the Theatre Royal, is accompanying Nana on her day out and said she is having a great time.
He said: “Nana had a bit of a pamper and now she is enjoying a great day out meeting her canine friends.
“We thought she deserved a treat as she is going to have a busy Christmas looking after the Darling children.”
Nana is tweeting her antics throughout the day, and she is now encouraging people to tweet her a picture of their Christmas lights decorations outside their homes.
A special panel including Eastern Daily Press editor Nigel Pickover and Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive Peter Wilson will then pick their favourite, and the winner will have the honour of a festive lights switch-on by Nana herself on Friday, November 28.
Mr Bultitude said: “We know the people of Norfolk make great efforts with their festive lighting displays and Nana can’t wait to bring some panto magic to an official switch-on at one of them.”
Joining Nana on the Theatre Royal stage in Peter Pan this Christmas are Kevin Kennedy (who played Curly Watts in the TV show Coronation Street), CBeebies presenter Sid Sloane, Cromer Pier favourite Ben Langley and the theatre’s panto mainstay Richard Gauntlett.
• Tweet your Christmas lights pictures to Nana the dog at @Nana_Norwich
• Peter Pan is at Norwich Theatre Royal from December 18 to January 18. Tickets £5.50-£21. For more information and to book call the box office on 01603 630000 or email www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk