September 23 2014 Latest news:
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Permanent plans for a one-way system in Bungay have been unveiled.
An exhibition at the town’s Fisher Theatre has shown detailed plans to illustrate the differences between the current temporary system and the proposed final system.
The county council’s rights of way committee is due to make a recommendation in June, but members of the public were being given an opportunity to give their feedback.
Town mayor Terry Reeve said the first morning had been busy with plenty of discussions.
“These days are not about whether or not it should go ahead, but showing what it can look like if it becomes permanent,” he said
As part of the scheme the council is hoping to introduce a new 20mph zone and restricted parking zone.
The scheme has caused controversy with the Bungay traffic scheme opposition group campaigning against it and calling for the money to be spent elsewhere.
The exhibition will continue today from 11am to 7pm today and Thursday, 11am to 3pm on Friday and 10am to 2pm on Saturday.