Old photos of proud Norfolk horse owners and their showstoppers through the years
PUBLISHED: 17:00 01 April 2017 | UPDATED: 09:02 02 April 2017
Horses and show jumping have been enjoyed for many years. Here are a selection of photos from all over Norfolk of proud owners and their showstoppers.
1. Father and daughter success... Dallinghow Prince Charles, Supreme Champion at Woodbridge, with Marshland Penny, the reserve Supreme Champion, dated 8th May 1990.
2. In training for days of gruelling tests throughout the county, Caroline Musker gets her team under way at Bridgham in South Norfolk, dated 1st August 1991.
3. Jenny Taylor, aged 13, from Mattishall, in action in Friday’s Express in a novice and beginners’ event held at Horse Shoe Farm, Yaxham, near Dereham, dated around May 1993.
4. Eleven year old Marianna Towler and Trudi get into their jumping stride at Brandon horse show.
5. Rebecca Roberts takes a fence on Nipper’s Dream at the cross-country hunter trials at Wramplingham Hall, dated 29th August 1973.
6. Sophie Harvey goes clear on Emma’s Prospect at the Fakenham Horse Show which took place at Sennowe Park, Guist, dated 30th May 1993.
7. Judge Mrs J. Fox in the working hunters classes at the North Norfolk & Norwich horse show, dated 12th July 1992.
8. Horse show in Woodbridge, dated 18th April 1960.
9. Show jumping, dated around 1992.
10. A popular Norfolk Show event, dated around June 1995.
11. In the Hackney Stallion, mare or gelding event (in single harness) class 58 the winner was B.H. Mellor’s “Wyebank Magic”, seen going through its paces at the Royal Norfolk Show.
12. Mr. F. W. Key, of Thurning, allows his Irish draught stallion Blackbird to get rid of a little excess energy before entering the ring to take part in the parade, dated 19th March 1978.