Search

FREE GoGoDragon! stickers in today's EDP and Evening News!

Click here

Man taken to hospital after bedroom fire in North Walsham

12:58 30 July 2013

Archant

A man in his 40s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Monday night suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his North Walsham bedroom where he was asleep.

shares

Firefighters from North Walsham and Cromer, a land ambulance and the Fire Emergency Support Vehicle attended the incident, on the first floor of a terraced house in Hadfield Road.

The man, who lives at the property with his mother, is understood to have been discharged from hospital the same night. The fire badly damaged the bedroom and caused smoke damage through the rest of the house.

Crews were called just before 7.20pm and used hosereel jets to put out the fire.

Later in the night, just after 10pm, the Cromer crew were out again, joined by colleagues from Mundesley, to deal with a fire in an outside storage building on Mundesley Road, Overstrand. They used main jets to extinguish it.

shares

0 comments

Most Read

Featured Pages

Most Commented

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 15°C

min temp: 12°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the EDP
digital edition

Subscribe

Broads Outdoor Festival

cover

Enjoy the Broads
Outdoor Festival
digital edition

Read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Enjoy the Eating Out
in the Broads
digital edition

Read

Great Days Out

cover

Enjoy the Great Days
Out digital edition

Read

Get Into Summer

cover

Enjoy the Get Into
Summer digital edition

Read