April 17 2014 Latest news:
Monday, February 24, 2014
A 32 year-old man has been jailed for bombarding his former partner with phonecalls and breaching a restraining order for him to stay away.
A man, who breached his restraining order and bombarded his former partner with phone calls has been jailed for 15 months and warned he faces longer prison sentences in the future if he commits further breaches.
James Robinson, 32, repeatedly phoned his ex-partner, despite the woman asking him to leave her alone and Norwich Crown Court said she found 300 missed calls on her phone as Robinson had been calling her throughout the night.
Andrea Lock, prosecuting, said that he tried repeatedly to contact his ex-partner and even tried to reach her through speaking to her mother.
She said that he also called round to her address, in Dereham, and had knocked on her window and banged on her front door.
She said the woman refused to let him in and police were called and arrested Robinson, but he still tried to make contact with the victim while remanded in Norwich prison.
Robinson, of no fixed address, admitted breaching a restraining order and was jailed for 15 months.
Judge Stephen Holt, said that Robinson had a long history of breaching the order by harassing his ex-partner, but accepted he had never been violent towards her.
“The background to this offending is that you were in a relationship that has broken down and you seem to refuse to accept that it has broken down.”
He warned Robinson that unless he observed the order, the sentences imposed would get longer.
John Morgans, for Robinson, said the problems were his underlying issue with alcohol.
“When he is sober he talks sensibly.”
However he said it was when Robinson had been drinking that problems had arisen.
“He recognises that himself. He realises how bad he has behaved and realises he cannot behave this way in the future.”