Search

Man taken to hospital after bedroom fire in North Walsham

PUBLISHED: 12:58 30 July 2013

Archant

A man in his 40s was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on Monday night suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his North Walsham bedroom where he was asleep.

Firefighters from North Walsham and Cromer, a land ambulance and the Fire Emergency Support Vehicle attended the incident, on the first floor of a terraced house in Hadfield Road.

The man, who lives at the property with his mother, is understood to have been discharged from hospital the same night. The fire badly damaged the bedroom and caused smoke damage through the rest of the house.

Crews were called just before 7.20pm and used hosereel jets to put out the fire.

Later in the night, just after 10pm, the Cromer crew were out again, joined by colleagues from Mundesley, to deal with a fire in an outside storage building on Mundesley Road, Overstrand. They used main jets to extinguish it.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Latest from the EDP

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 14°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast