Line-up announced for Norwich Oxjam music festival
PUBLISHED: 09:09 29 August 2014 | UPDATED: 09:09 29 August 2014
A diverse line-up has been announced for this year’s Oxjam Norwich music festival, from acoustic acts to a heavy metal stage.
• The Vagaband - Play a soulful mix between Americana, blues, jazz and rock. They have just released their second album, Medicine for the Soul. Since 2010, The Vagaband have appeared at festivals including Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party and Bestival.
• Killamonjambo - Funk seven-piece, launched debut album Fiesta Moonlanding this month.
• Drink ‘n’ Jive DJs - Playing after party from 11.30pm.
Organisers spent weeks listening to demos sent in by bands, and have put together a bill of more than two dozen groups.
The majority of these can be revealed today, with tickets now onsale for the charity extravaganza on October 4.
Oxjam Norwich will take over five venues for the festival, with one wristband gaining you entry to Karma Kafe, Bedfords, The Birdcage, The Murderers and The Owl Sanctuary.
Daniel Reynolds, one of the organisers, said: “We had dozens and dozens of people applying to play the festival.
Bedfords (acoustic stage)
• Milly Hirst
• Emily Winng
• Natalie Lake
• Phoebe Robinson
“We sat down and listened to all the bands and there was a very high standard - we were overwhelmed by the response.
“We’re all really excited and looking forward to it.”
There will also be a launch night at Open on Thursday, October 2, and a gig at Elm Farm Country House in Horsham St Faith on Friday. October 3.
Entry to these is not covered by the wristband to the main festival on Saturday, with tickets on sale separately.
The Owl Sanctuary (metal stage)
• Back Down Or Die - Fresh from their performance at Bloodstock.
• Dead Until Dusk
Tickets to the gig at Open cost £5 and are available on Open’s website, with Dumbfoundus, Feral Mouth, Dr Clyde and The Rumble playing.
The line-up at Horsham St Faith includes Saturday Sun, Gameplan, Comic Book Ending, The Wreckoning and Matt Watson, and tickets cost £5.
Tickets are now on sale for Oxjam Norwich 2014, with an early bird price of £6 per wristband for the first 100 people. After this the price will rise to £10.
Oxjam is a movement that began in 2006, with music festivals across the country raising money for aid and development charity Oxfam every October.
The Birdcage (spoken word stage)
• John Osborne - The poet has had several books and anthologies published, performed comedy shows for Radio 4 and sell-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe. He has written a sitcom for Sky One, After Hours, which will be aired in 2015.
• Patrick Lappin
Follow the link on Oxjam Norwich’s website at oxjamnorwich.com/tickets and click on the ‘early bird’ option.
The committee is now recruiting event managers, event stewards and publicity volunteers for the main event on October 4.
• Anyone interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘volunteering’.