May 21 2013 Latest news:
By MARK BOGGIS
Friday, January 11, 2013
FIREFIGHTERS spent about an hour tackling a chimney blaze at a popular village pub.
A crew from Southwold fire station were called to the Five Bells public house in Southwold Road, Wrentham at 10.47am this morning (Friday), following reports of a chimney blaze.
The Five Bells is situated on the edge of the village of Wrentham, and firefighters put out the blaze “using small gear and thermal image camera,” according to a brigade spokesman.
The scene was clear by 11.58am, with the “chimney extinguished,” according to Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Police in Norwich have launched an investigation after a woman claimed in a tweet she had knocked a cyclist off their bike.
max temp: 12°C
min temp: 9°C