Firefighters rescue pupil whose leg got stuck in a plastic chair
10:46 23 November 2012
A Dereham junior school called firefighters to free a boy whose leg became stuck in a plastic chair this morning.
One crew from Dereham fire station were called to St Nicholas Junior School in Littlefields at 9.32am, and used hand-held equipment to free the child.
A fire service spokesman said the operation took about 10 minutes, and boy did not suffer serious injuries and paramedics were not called.
A spokesman for the school said: “It was a minor incident and the boy concerned is absolutely fine. No ambulance attended the scene and lessons are carrying on as normal. There will no investigation into the incident.”