Fire crews ventilate Hethersett home of gas leaking from freezer

Friday, December 28, 2012
4.24 PM

Two fire engines were sent to a Hethersett home this afternoon to deal with gas leaking from a freezer.

Fire crews from Earlham and Hethersett arrived at a house in Campion Way at 12.19pm to move the freezer outside and ventilate the property.

Freezer gas is an odourless, colourless and non-flammable liquid group of chemicals which is non-toxic to humans, but Inhaling from a leak can be dangerous as it is heavier than air and can settle in the lungs.

The crews left the house at 12.30pm.