Search

Fire crews ventilate Hethersett home of gas leaking from freezer

16:24 28 December 2012

Archant

Two fire engines were sent to a Hethersett home this afternoon to deal with gas leaking from a freezer.

shares

Fire crews from Earlham and Hethersett arrived at a house in Campion Way at 12.19pm to move the freezer outside and ventilate the property.

Freezer gas is an odourless, colourless and non-flammable liquid group of chemicals which is non-toxic to humans, but Inhaling from a leak can be dangerous as it is heavier than air and can settle in the lungs.

The crews left the house at 12.30pm.

shares

2 comments

  • What? Really was this nessesary? Why did this person dial 999 and why didn't they just move it outside? did it really justify 2 crews? Was there a cat around the house or a pigeon on top? Some people!

    Report this comment

    City Boy

    Friday, December 28, 2012

  • It might have been an old person who couldn't move a freezer? And they might not have known that the gas wasn't harmful? I'm sure the fire service would have said they weren't going if they didn't need to. Everything isn't a conspiracy or a case of incompetency.

    Report this comment

    A Noyed

    Friday, December 28, 2012

The views expressed in the above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this site

Most Read

Campaigns

Most Commented

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 15°C

min temp: 6°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the EDP
digital edition

Subscribe

Broads Outdoor Festival

cover

Enjoy the Broads
Outdoor Festival
digital edition

Read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Enjoy the Eating Out
in the Broads
digital edition

Read

Great Days Out

cover

Enjoy the Great Days
Out digital edition

Read