Search

Fire crews break into home after neighbours smell gas on Gorleston street

PUBLISHED: 19:16 16 April 2014 | UPDATED: 09:30 17 April 2014

Archant © 2012

A house in Gorleston was broken into after neighbours reported a gas leak.

National Grid called police and fire crews for help just before 5pm today when they detected “high readings” of gas coming from a property on Burnt Lane.

A spokesman for the gas board said: “We detected a gas escape from a property which was empty and as there were quite high readings coming from the house we called the police so we could break in.

“Once inside we disconnected the gas supply and ventilated the building. The site is now all safe and crews left the scene a while ago.”

Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent applicances from Gorleston and Great Yarmouth to assist police and used a small gear to get inside the house.

comments powered by Disqus

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Latest from the EDP

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 13°C

min temp: 9°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists