Search

Electrical fault sparks fire at factory

PUBLISHED: 17:43 01 October 2018 | UPDATED: 17:45 01 October 2018

Bungay book printers, Clays Ltd.
PHOTO: Nick Butcher

Bungay book printers, Clays Ltd. PHOTO: Nick Butcher

©archant2017

A small fire broke out at a Bungay printers due to a suspected electrical fault in a paper folding machine.

Firefighters were to called to Clays Ltd in Popson Street at 4.20am this morning (Monday, October 1) after smoke was seen coming from the printing room.

A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said a small fire in a paper folding machine had caused the printing room to fill with smoke.

He added: “Two engines from Bungay and Beccles attended and used extinguishers to put out the fire.

“It looked like an electrical fault from one of the machines and firefighters then isolated the electrics to the machine.”

There were no workers on site at the time of the fire and fire crews called a time of stop at 6.41am.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Latest from the EDP

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 21°C

min temp: 12°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast