Reporting inappropriate content

You can use this form to report the content shown below as inappropriate.

If you disagree with a story or a comment please post your own view directly on the piece itself rather than making a complaint.

Please provide full contact details with your complaint, so we can reply or contact you for more details.

I want to complain about this content:

  • We fought a 3 year battle to get our grandchildren removed from an abusive mother, and living with their daddy. The wheels of child protection rolled very slowly, with so much red tape, they were at risk for far longer than necessary. Even now, two years later, one of them is still severely emotionally disturbed. We got the right decision eventually, but these children would not be so messed up if they had been removed earlier. We tried to complain at the time, but also found the complaints procedure is biased towards the council and it's very difficult to actually make a formal complaint about anyone, or anything. However, I have to say we had a fantastic social worker who did everything she could to help us, and she was as frustrated with the system as we were. We desperately need more skilled social workers on board to share the load, and some laws need to be changed to speed up the legal process and protect more children as soon as they are identified.

    Carol Bolton

    Saturday, February 23, 2013

Latest from the EDP

Most Read

Featured Pages

Most Commented

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 18°C

min temp: 11°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition


Enjoy the EDP
digital edition


Newsletter Sign Up