Firefighters were called to rescue the boy after he got stuck in a plastic chair at school.

Firefighters rescue pupil whose leg got stuck in a plastic chair

Friday, November 23, 2012
10.46 AM

A Dereham junior school called firefighters to free a boy whose leg became stuck in a plastic chair this morning.

One crew from Dereham fire station were called to St Nicholas Junior School in Littlefields at 9.32am, and used hand-held equipment to free the child.

A fire service spokesman said the operation took about 10 minutes, and boy did not suffer serious injuries and paramedics were not called.

A spokesman for the school said: “It was a minor incident and the boy concerned is absolutely fine. No ambulance attended the scene and lessons are carrying on as normal. There will no investigation into the incident.”