Search

Firefighters rescue pupil whose leg got stuck in a plastic chair

10:46 23 November 2012

Firefighters were called to rescue the boy after he got stuck in a plastic chair at school.

Firefighters were called to rescue the boy after he got stuck in a plastic chair at school.

Archant

A Dereham junior school called firefighters to free a boy whose leg became stuck in a plastic chair this morning.

shares

One crew from Dereham fire station were called to St Nicholas Junior School in Littlefields at 9.32am, and used hand-held equipment to free the child.

A fire service spokesman said the operation took about 10 minutes, and boy did not suffer serious injuries and paramedics were not called.

A spokesman for the school said: “It was a minor incident and the boy concerned is absolutely fine. No ambulance attended the scene and lessons are carrying on as normal. There will no investigation into the incident.”

Related articles

shares

1 comment

  • i would suggest in instant ban on all plastic chairs, not only can a child get stuck in one, they may swallow one or worse trip over one or even fall off one.--- let them stand.

    Report this comment

    ggj666

    Friday, November 23, 2012

Most Read

Featured Pages

Most Commented

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 17°C

min temp: 15°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast

Digital Edition

cover

Enjoy the EDP
digital edition

Subscribe

Broads Outdoor Festival

cover

Enjoy the Broads
Outdoor Festival
digital edition

Read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Enjoy the Eating Out
in the Broads
digital edition

Read

Great Days Out

cover

Enjoy the Great Days
Out digital edition

Read

Get Into Summer

cover

Enjoy the Get Into
Summer digital edition

Read