December 9 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Norfolk County Council has issued some advice to students who need advice and support following today’s results.
A spokesman said they can:
- Get in touch the school or college they have applied to – they may still be able to get a place even if they haven’t achieved their expected results
- Speak to the Careers Coordinator at their school, who can give them advice and guidance
- Telephone a Careers Adviser on 0800 100 900. The National Careers Service offers careers information and advice for young people and is open between 8am and 10pm every day. Students can also visit their website at https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk.
- Contact Guidance Adviser (if they are working with one) via Norfolk’s NEET Helpline on 0344 800 8022 (Option 1).
- Use Norfolk County Council’s Help You Choose website for young people at www.helpyouchoose.org. This provides information about the latest courses and qualifications in sixth forms and colleges, and details on apprenticeships and training vacancies.
- Students who do not have further education, employment or training arranged for September and need advice should contact Norfolk County Council’s NEET Helpline on 0344 800 8022 (Option 1). This is available from Monday-Friday, 10am – 4pm.