Woman on 19 prescribed medications died of an accidental overdose, inquest heard
PUBLISHED: 13:49 21 October 2017 | UPDATED: 13:49 21 October 2017
A woman prescribed 19 different medications died of an accidental overdose, an inquest heard.
Marie Roach, 55, was found dead in her home in Coronation Avenue in West Winch, near King’s Lynn, on March 28.
An inquest into her death at King’s Lynn coroners court heard how Ms Roach had multiple medical conditions dating back to her childhood.
In a statement made by Dr Imran Riaz, a rheumatologist at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Ms Roach took 19 medications of which 12 were pain killers.
The inquest heard Ms Roe suffered from chronic back pain and had overdosed on medication in the past.
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said there was no evidence Ms Roe had tried to take her own life.
She concluded Ms Roe’s death as an accident, with the cause of death being ingestion of excessive quantity of prescription medication with heart disease as a contributing factor.