Quiet night for Norfolk police on Bank Holiday weekend rave alert
11:14 04 May 2014
Picture of aftermath of illegal rave near North Walsham in summer 2013. Pic Submittted.
Police who were on alert for illegal Bank Holiday weekend raves reported a quiet night yesterday.
In a tweet, officers said there were “no reported raves” or unauthorised music events last night.
They were called to a private party in Northwold, but said it was “in order”.
On Thursday, officers vowed to take a tough stance on ravers over the Bank Holiday weekend, warning about the lack of safety precautions at such events.
Illegal raves have been a common problem in our region. Here are some of our most recent stories:
• May 1 - Police vow to take tough stance on ravers over Bank Holiday weekend
• April 28 - Four arrested as police swoop on Panxworth rave
• January 14 - Man arrested after illegal rave broken up in Hockwold
• November 20 - Police in warning to Norfolk people about illegal rave
• November 17 - “They were like rats climbing over the gates trying to get into the place. There were hundreds of them”
• October 6 - Officers deal with illegal rave in Thetford Forest
• July 23 - Thetford Forest raver remains in a critical condition