Inquest opening hears eight-year-old Salhouse boy had food allergies
17:44 11 March 2014
An inquest opening has heard how an eight-year-old boy who died from anaphylactic shock had food allergies.
Norfolk Coroner’s Court heard yesterday how Edward Debbage died at home in Mill Hill, Salhouse, on February 10.
Norfolk assistant coroner David Osborne said at the opening that the facts as currently known were that Edward suffered from allergies to various food groups and became ill during the day of February 10.
He said Edward’s condition continued to worsen despite being administered medication and inhalers by his father Matthew, and the eight-year-old had breathing problems and died despite all of the efforts to revive him.
Mr Osborne said the pathologist’s report found that the main cause of death was anaphylactic shock.
The inquest was adjourned to be reviewed on or before April 8, with a view to setting the inquest date at the next hearing.