March 8 2014 Latest news:
By DAVID BLACKMORE
Monday, February 20, 2012
The latest round of public consultation over a controversial plan to build an incinerator on the edge of King’s Lynn ends tonight.
The 28-day period of consultation began last month following additional information from applicant, Cory Wheelabrator.
More than 3,000 letters were sent out to statutory consultees and people who registered an interest in the application, or responded to the original consultation.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said this afternoon that council officers are still working their way through the “thousands of responses” they had received.
He continued: “There is still quite a lot of work left to be done now in analysing these responses which will take between five and 10 days. We also need to make sure they have all been put on our website.
“We will then look at the feedback as a whole and decide on the next steps before planners start to draw up a report.”
The spokesman also said there is no date in mind for when the plans will go before the council’s planning committee but added the planning process was “still going forward”.
The latest round of consultation comes after environment secretary Caroline Spelman announced the approval of £91m in Waste Infrastructure Grant funding towards the cost of the £500m plant.
People can lodge their views on the plan until midnight by visiting http://norfolk.jdi-consult.net/majordevelopments/ or by e-mailing email@example.com