Chinese lantern causes blaze the size of a tennis court in Waxham
10:06 07 June 2014
Archant Norfolk Photographic Â© 2011
A Chinese lantern caused a patch of Marram Grass, around the size of a tennis court, to catch fire last night near Waxham.
Firefighters from Martham and Stalham were called out to the blaze at about 11pm yesterday to reports of a fire in the open on Coast Road.
The fire stretched about 200sq meters and was an accidental ignition caused by a Chinese lantern.
It was extinguished using a hand appliance, back pack sprayers and beaters.