Search

Chinese lantern causes blaze the size of a tennis court in Waxham

Archant Norfolk Photographic © 2011

A Chinese lantern caused a patch of Marram Grass, around the size of a tennis court, to catch fire last night near Waxham.

Firefighters from Martham and Stalham were called out to the blaze at about 11pm yesterday to reports of a fire in the open on Coast Road.

The fire stretched about 200sq meters and was an accidental ignition caused by a Chinese lantern.

It was extinguished using a hand appliance, back pack sprayers and beaters.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Latest from the EDP

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 18°C

min temp: 14°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast