December 9 2013 Latest news:
Monday, September 2, 2013
A six-year-old boy was taken to hospital after a kitchen fire in Ormesby St Margaret, near Great Yarmouth, today.
The youngster was not injured, but was taken to the James Paget University Hospital as a precaution.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said he was checked out for potential smoke inhalation.
Firefighters from Yarmouth and Martham were sent to Station Road in the village shortly after 9.20am.
The crews wore breathing apparatus and used main and hose reel jets to extinguish the flames, before using a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots and a positive pressure ventilation fan to ventilate the property.