Boy gets finger stuck in a metal hole at lunchtime

PUBLISHED: 14:07 31 January 2013 | UPDATED: 16:09 31 January 2013

The fire service were called to Unthank Road at 6.45am.

The fire service were called to Unthank Road at 6.45am.

Archant Norfolk Photographic © 2011

The fire service were called to a primary school today to help with a finger stuck in a post.

A boy at Parker’s Primary School in Saham Toney near Watton got his finger stuck in a cabin hook used to hold a door open just after 1pm.

The brigade used hand tools to help set it free.

Laura Sproston, headteacher at Parker’s Primary School, said the accident was a minor incident.

She said: “A fire crew and paramedic attended the scene at our request, and helped to remove the boy’s finger from the hook.

“Lessons carried on here as normal and the boy concerned is absolutely fine. We would like to thank the fire service and paramedic who attended promptly and were wonderful.”

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Latest from the EDP

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 4°C

min temp: -0°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast