Six things to do in Norfolk this weekend
07:10 12 March 2016
Need some ideas for the weekend? Here are some of the activities taking place in Norfolk on Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday 12 March
• King’s Lynn Fiction Festival, King’s Lynn Town Hall, 11am – 8pm, £8.50 per event.
Celebrate some of the best contemporary writers at King’s Lynn Town Hall this weekend. Speakers on Saturday include John Lewis, Christ West, James Wilson, Sophie Hannah and Piers Paul Reed.
• Experiment at the Cathedral, The Hostry, Norwich Cathedral, 10:30am – 3:30pm, free entry.
If you’re looking for something fun and educational to do with your children this weekend, this could be ideal. Kids will be able to watch a model volcano explode and try making their own, help launch a rocket and experiment with food.
• Derek Acorah, Cromer Pier, 8pm, £18.50
As well as being an author and performer, Acorah is one of the biggest names in the world of psychic phenomena at the moment. This Saturday he brings his brand new ‘Soul Reunion Tour’ to Cromer for a spiritual evening.
Sunday 13th March
• X Factor Auditions, Castle Mall, Norwich
The X Factor is coming to Castle Mall on the search for the nation’s top vocal talent.
Auditions take place from 10am to 6pm. Groups or solo singers over 16 can apply by just turning up. You can also register online at http://application.xfactor.tv
• Jeremy James Sculpture and Linocuts, Bircham Gallery, Holt, 9am – 5pm, free entry.
This exhibition will feature brand new work by Jeremy James, exclusively including his linocuts of wildlife. The subject matter ranges from birds to meerkats. Also on display will be work from Robert Greenhalf and Neil Bousfield.
• Keith James, The Bicycle Shop, 7.30pm, £10.
Keith James will be performing a show at the Bicycle shop this weekend to reflect and celebrate the work of Yusuf – Cat Stevens. All proceeds from the show will be donated to UNICEF.
• Are you holding an event this weekend, you can list it on the EDP website.