Five things to do in Norfolk and Suffolk this weekend
13:16 16 October 2015
Here’s our guide to five things happening in the region this weekend.
Saturday October 17th
• Lowestoft park run, Lowestoft Promenade, 9am
Starting outside the back entrance to the Hatfield Hotel along Lowestoft Promenade and finishing within the gardens of the Royal Esplanade, the Lowestoft park run is free to enter. For more details click here. There are park runs across Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire every weekend. Find your nearest one here.
• Autumn wildflowers revealed, Salthouse and Kelling, 1.30pm start at the Seaward end of Beach Land
A 5.5 mile walk led by local experts from the Norfolk Flora Group and Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists Society. Just one of several events taking place across the weekend to celebrate the Norfolk Walking Festival, click here for more information.
• Greyhound racing, Great Yarmouth Stadium, 7.30pm
Feeling luck? Enjoy between 11 to 14 races
Sunday October 18th
• King’s Lynn Patriots American football training, the Walks, 10.45am to 2.30pm
After a 30-year absence, American football is back in King’s Lynn and the town’s Patriots are looking for more players to join the team with people of all shapes and sizes welcome, aged 18+.
• Apple Day, Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, 10.00pm to 17.00pm
A Gressenhall tradition! Celebrate the best of autumn with all things apple related; including pressing, tasting, buying and naming. There is also an opportunity to taste apple juice or scrumptious cider and if you have your own “mystery” apples then you can bring them along to be identified.