10 things not to miss at King’s Lynn Mart
15:00 14 February 2017
The Mart is in town! Reporter Taz Ali found 10 things not to miss at this year’s fair.
1. Dentists - look away now. Nougats are a staple of the Mart and with so many flavours on offer, from fudge to coconut, you can satisfy your sweet tooth.
2. No Mart is complete without dodgems. The bumper cars are fun for those looking for an easy ride or an excuse to crash into an enemy.
3. A new addition to the Mart- The Circus Circus Funhouse. Fight through three storeys of punching bags and moving stairs.
4. Thrill-seekers wanting to hang on for dear life should try the XLR8 ride which soars a whopping 180ft into the air.
5. An iconic sight at any fairground is the Jumping Frogs, which has been restyled as The Yeti this year. A favourite for those who relish life’s ups and downs.
6. No one ever walks away from the fair without an oversized toy or balloon. Try your hand at shooting down a stack to win yourself a cuddly companion.
7. Make a pit-stop to refuel at the food stalls of which there are dozens, offering donuts, chips, burgers and German sausages.
8. Savage’s Gallopers, a spectacular carousel made only a stones throw away at what used to be Frederick Savage’s Ironworks.
9. Wednesday, February 15 is family day at the Mart so head down with the children and enjoy any ride for £1.
10. Don’t miss the Mart at night - the dazzling display makes for some breathtaking views.