New era for Norfolk law firm Clapham & Collinge
06:30 03 August 2012
A Norfolk-based law firm is anticipating further growth after becoming a limited liability partnership.
QualitySolictors Clapham & Collinge, which has offices in Norwich and Sheringham and employs about 50 staff, introduced the new structure on August 1.
Managing Partner Tammy Parnell said: “This move gives us the ability to structure the business in a new way, and develop future opportunities to ensure not only the long term survival of the firm, but to maximise the potential growth of the firm.
Having been a partnership since 1954 when the firm was founded by ex- Mills and Reeve partner Bertie Clapham with partner John Ronald Henderson, it was originally known as Clapham and Henderson and based in St Vedast Street , the terrace linking Prince of Wales Road with Rose Lane.
A new partner, Lloyd Brian Summers came into the firm in 1957 with Henderson leaving a year later. Little is known of Mr Collinge, who lent his name to the firm and it has traded as Clapham & Collinge solicitors since then.
The firm has moved several times since St Vedast Street, to Princes Street and then Exchange Street to its current premises at St Catherine’s House in All Saints Green, Norwich.
The biggest change to the firm came in February 2011 when the current partnership joined the national legal brand QualitySolicitors, which offers a fixed fee pricing model, and secured private equity backing helping to fund work with Saachi & Saachi to create a national television advertising campaign.
The current partners are Hugh Berridge, Tammy Parnell and Chris King and the new firm will be known as Clapham & Collinge LLP a