10 things to love about Norfolk
PUBLISHED: 11:36 25 February 2018 | UPDATED: 09:43 26 February 2018
Archant © 2018
The Very Rev Jane Hedges, Dean of Norwich Cathedral, has agreed to be a Norfolk Day ambassador. Here she lists 10 things she loves about Norfolk.
1. I really enjoy the variety of communities that are found around Norfolk, each with their own particular characteristics.
2. The coastline and countryside are simply beautiful, along with the sea and the big skies found in the county. We’re fortunate to live here.
3. The great food and shopping that’s on offer right around the county depending on what you want. There’s an excellent mix of places to choose from.
4. The animals, birds and wildlife. There’s a huge array of wildlife in Norfolk and we’re very blessed to have so much to see.
5. The stunningly beautiful Norfolk Broads, which are really unique. We’re incredibly lucky to have them on our doorstep.
6. The opportunities for creativity, e.g. through the Norfolk and Norwich Festival, the Hostry Festival, the theatres. There’s a lot on the go.
7. The energy and commitment of the people who live here, especially through voluntary organisations and charities that are involved and help others.
8. Having two great universities and the science park – the young people and people with specialist skills this brings into the county.
9. There are so many places to have fun and be entertained such as Thursford, the piers and the football team.
10. The magnificent historic buildings, especially our cathedrals and churches of which there are so many, which are a huge asset to the county.
• We are celebrating Norfolk Day on Friday July 27.